Before you start a plant diet cleanse, it is important to observe your dietary habits. First of all, you need to take a look at everything you eat. Once you have done this, it is important to determine certain things like sugar, caffeine or chocolate, which you will have to avoid during this period. It is important to understand that you don’t have to remove foods, but replace them with plant based choices. According to studies, whole plant based foods often contain only one ingredient. Thus, they are easy to digest, and cleaner than other food choices.
Plant based detox recipes include grains, whole foods, vegetables and fruits. Moreover, you have to give a break to your body from stimulants. This will keep your kidneys, liver and adrenals relaxed. It will also enhance your digestion. Meat should also be replaced with plant based alternatives. Remember that you will want to find something to distract yourself while you are on this cleanse. You can walk more, read a good book, or even try an online mobile casino.
In this post, we will tell you how to go about a plant based detox. People find it easy to follow strict diets for 3-days. Others continue to do the same for days or weeks. However, there may bad cravings. If you crave for carb-rich or sugar-rich foods, you should substitute them with healthier alternatives, such as fruits and salads. Here’s a basic menu plan for a 3 day plant based detox.
● Breakfast – Cooked quinoa, water with lemon, seeds or nuts rich in protein, unsweetened dried fruit.
● Lunch – Green vegetables, herbal tea, steamed collards with a dressing of lemon miso tahini.
● Dinner – Bowl of mixed fruit, half melon, kale, broccoli, onions, chickpeas with olive oil, baked sweet potato.
● Breakfast – Fruit smoothie, water with lemon, bowl of fresh fruit, hemp seeds, spirulina.
● Lunch – Salad with mixed greens, boiled beets and lemon with balsamic vinegar or flax oil, quinoa topped with raw vegetables, black bean stew.
● Dinner – Steamed spring greens, carrot-ginger soup, herbal tea.
● Breakfast – Leftover porridge, water with lemon, sauerkraut.
● Lunch – Baked sweet potato, kombucha, mixed salad with carrots, lemon miso tahini dressing, sprouts, black beak stew, carrot-ginger soup.
● Dinner – Ocean vegetables, herbal tea.
Snacks – You can of course enjoy snacks in moderation to avoid cravings. This will help you to stabilize blood sugar levels and retain your energy. Some great snacks can be baked beets, fruit smoothie, oatmeal, vegetable juice, raw carrots, cucumbers, celery, steamed broccoli, radishes, salads and more.
It is important to remember that detox diets can easily cleanse your system. However, this does not mean that you can be back to unhealthy food habits and associations once your detox diet is over. These detox recipes will only help when you continue to eat healthy foods in future.