I recently allowed myself to wander, professionally not literally. I spent some time having coffees and pints with friends and people I’ve worked with over the years.
I learned a few things about myself:
- I’m mostly unemployable.
- I’m excellent at the 0 to 1 stage.
- I’m more inventor than entrepreneur.
- I love working in ideas, products and working with the people chasing them.
- My brain loves systems thinking and pattern matching.
- I’m a better coach than player.
All of which has led me to building shiftMode. Working in bite sized bursts with fast moving teams, markets and technology to help them continually fit their product to market and succeed is my jam. (Are we still saying ‘my jam’?)